Wildcat of the Month

Every month, one wildcat is awarded student of the month based on recommendations from their teachers. For September, Jadah White was nominated the student of the month by her American Literature teacher, Ms. Sellman. Ms. Sellman recommended Jadah for this award because she was “very impressed with her hard work at the start of the year.” In the first few days of school, Ms. Sellman believed that Jadah was hesitant about doing well in class; however, Jadah surprised her teacher by showing dedication and a true work ethic. Jadah’s initial reaction to being called at during lunch to be awarded was shocking because she didn’t think anyone paid attention to her study efforts. “I was prepared to work every day. I take class very seriously, because I know I need to do good, so I can graduate and play basketball in college,” responds the student of the month when asked why she was acknowledged. Jadah feels like her study habits, which include studying, reviewing notes, and paying attention in class, helped lead her to gain recognition from her teacher. As far as leisure activities, Jadah White plays varsity basketball as the starting point guard, hangs out with friends, and puts in the same hard work in the gym that she does in the classroom. Jadah’s teammates describe her as “hardworking and dedicated, on and off the court.” Additionally, Jadah White’s basketball coach recognizes her as a leader, motivator, and inspiration of the team. Jadah provides her teammates with the same motivation on the court with the same encouragement in the classroom.  According to her coach, Jadah White is If students want to be rewarded with the student of the month in the future, Jadah recommends her fellow Wildcats, “keep doing what you’re doing, because your work does not go unnoticed. Someone is always watching.”

Made with PhotoCollage.com