Cat’s Meow: Chef Aguillon

Chef Aguillon is the Culinary teacher here at Wheeler High School. She is loved by all of her students and students say this is their favorite class. Chef A teaches the Culinary 1 and Culinary 2 classes and loves teaching students how to cook and what to do in the kitchen. These classes are very helpful in preparing students for the future and she loves being this helpful teacher to everyone in her classes. Students in these culinary classes learn about classical French cooking and the fundamentals of cooking and then they also do bread baking and the process of how to make bread and basic cooking skills. Chef Aguillon is also the head coach of the girls flag football team. She coaches the defensive players and handles all of the scheduling and main decision making for the team. Coach Aguillon is loved by her athletes and is an amazing coach and chef to everyone. Chef Aguillon helps out with many school events and is always willing to help with food for anyone. She loves to cook and wants to spread her love for cooking with everyone that is interested.
Students who take Culinary one and Culinary two come out of the classes feeling very prepared for the future and love knowing how to start cooking and make many simple, but also complicated meals. These classes are a good break from most academic classes, where students can learn how to do something that is different and they will need to learn in the future. Cooking is a very important thing to know and Chef Aguillon does a great job of teaching this to her students. She is an amazing teacher and an amazing coach.