Homecoming Spirit Week: Country vs Country Club

Teachers participate in spirit week; from the student government Instagram

It’s time for the annual homecoming spirit week! Each day is a different theme, which culminates into the homecoming game and dance that students look forward to each year.
This year, Monday’s theme was “Country vs. Country Club,” which many students were excited about. They were especially excited because they could choose between two wildly different outfit styles. “I really liked dressing up like a cowboy, but I also liked how there the originality of some of the country club outfits!” exclaims Mohnish Mara (12).
For the country theme, many students and teachers opted to wear cowboy hats and flannels, jeans, and boots. One student wore an all-camo outfit! People who chose the country club theme wore vests, skirts, and khaki. Some brought props such as tennis racquets. “My favorite part of this was that even Mr. Gillihan dressed up!” says Vachan Patel (12).

Mr. Gillihan in Country Club; from student government Instagram

Ultimately, this year’s first homecoming spirit day was a success. The students were very excited to participate, and there was a high turnout. The student government members put a lot of effort into deciding each theme, so many people participated. Gautam Krishnan (12) comments, “I can’t believe this many people dressed up. It feels like a lot more than last year.” Maryam Aamir (12), president of the student council, also remarks on the week’s success so far: “This is great! I can’t wait for the rest of the days.” There are four more days to come; hopefully, the rest of the days can match these high expectations.

Students participate in spirit week; from Ms. Wickham
Students participate in spirit week; from the student government Instagram
Students participate in spirit week; from the student government Instagram.jpg