Cats Meow: Ms. Gainsford

Mrs. Gainsford, a beloved teacher at our school, has been teaching the Research and Internship class for the past five years and has been making a significant impact on her students. Mrs. Gainsford loves working with magnet students because of their ambition and drive, and she feels that the basement is the perfect place for her classroom because, in her words, “It is not as smelly as other parts of the school.” In fact, if she could switch places with any other teacher in the school, she would choose Dr. Cody or any other teacher who works in the basement.
Mrs. Gainsford has been working alongside Dr. Cody and Dr. Deason in the Research and Internship class, handling the internship portion while they handle the research portion. This class is extremely important to her because it is a requirement for all magnet students to pass in order to graduate with the magnet seal.
When I asked her students about their experiences in her class, they had nothing but positive things to say. “Mrs. Gainsford is such a great teacher. She’s always willing to help and is really dedicated to making sure we understand the material,” said David Kan (12). Another student, Leander Stephen (12), said, “I love how she always makes the class fun, even when we’re discussing something serious. Plus, she can do the Dougie like nobody’s business.”
It’s clear that Mrs. Gainsford is not only a skilled and dedicated teacher but also a beloved member of the school community. Her enthusiasm for the material and her ability to connect with her students make her an invaluable asset to our school. We’re lucky to have her as a teacher and look forward to many more years of learning and growth under her guidance.

My internship presentation

Mrs. Gainsford
Wheeler magnet logo