Holi Celebration

Aryan Chadha (12) and Derek Nguyen (12) enjoying Holi (Aryan Chadha)

Holi Celebration
Wheeler High School celebrated Holi with great fervor on March 11, 2023. The festival of colors was organized by the school’s Indian Student Association and attracted a large number of students from diverse backgrounds.

Derek Nguyen (12), a junior at Wheeler High School, expressed his excitement about the celebration, stating, “I’ve heard so much about Holi and always wanted to experience it. The colors, the music, and the atmosphere are just amazing.”
Mohnish Mara (12), the president of the Indian Student Association, was thrilled with the turnout. “We were expecting a good turnout, but it’s even better than we imagined,” he said. “It’s wonderful to see so many students from different cultures coming together to celebrate Holi.”

The festival kicked off with a traditional prayer and colored powder being distributed to everyone. Students then danced to upbeat Bollywood music and threw colors at each other, creating a vibrant and lively atmosphere. People played games, such as tag, capture the flag, and infection. Sreeja Sappati (12), a senior at Wheeler High School, was delighted with the celebrations, saying, “It’s amazing to see everyone covered in colors, dancing and having a great time. This is what unity looks like.”

The event also included traditional Indian snacks and sweets, which were enjoyed by all. The Indian Student Association had worked tirelessly to make the celebration a success, and their efforts were duly appreciated by the students.

The Holi celebration at Wheeler High School was not only a fun event, but also a great way to promote cultural awareness and inclusivity. The festival showcased the rich and colorful traditions of India and brought together students from diverse backgrounds. Everyone who attended agreed that they cannot wait for next year’s Holi celebration at Wheeler High School.

Holi Powder (National Geographic)
Holi (Isaaz.net)