Ultimate Frisbeeeeeeeeeeee

The classic Frisbee used to the play the sport.

Ultimate Frisbee is a sport that was just recently invented in 1968 by a High School student called Joel Silver. He introduced his idea to the Columbian High School student council in Maplewood, New Jersey. Ever since Ultimate Frisbee was first played in 1969, it has made plenty of breakthroughs and gained plenty of popularity throughout the world. Ultimate Frisbee has over 5 million players in over 100 countries all over the world. Nowadays you can even get scholarships for playing Ultimate Frisbee Throughout the four years High School. As Ultimate Frisbee gains more popularity, it has a high chance of being in the 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles, USA. This will be an excellent chance for the community of Ultimate Frisbee to grow even more and spread out their amazing sport. The worldwide spread of Ultimate Frisbee has even reached our High School which has gotten plenty of students gathered together to create their team of Ultimate Frisbee in our Wildcat Nation. The Ultimate Frisbee team has gained plenty of attention from students of every grade level. As of right now, the team has over 40 active members that come to practice every Thursday and Friday. Since there are no coaches they start practice by just picking teams and playing Ultimate Frisbee.
I asked a couple of the players in the Ultimate Frisbee team “how the games are officiated?” as they have no referees while they play against other high schools. Davis Nilson, a Receiver on the team, replied, “We have something called self-officiation which means that we call our fouls whenever there is one.” However, this is a bright idea I wondered how this could be an official varsity sport if there are no officials as the game is played. So I asked, Sai Rajendrakumar, a handler on the team,

The Ultimate Frisbee team gets dry fit shirts and they are able to customize them however.

“If Ultimate Frisbee is considered a real varsity sport.” He then said, “As Ultimate Frisbee is Self-officiation there is no need for an official meaning that Ultimate Frisbee is still a varsity sport.” This is a fascinating concept that made me question how accurate self-officiation is. I asked Jack Casey, a receiver on the team,” how often are their arguments between teams about foul calls and how do you guys deal with them.” He responded, “There are usually no disagreements as fouls are pretty easy to see but on some odd occasions when there is a disagreement we just run the playback instead of turning over the Frisbee.” This shows plenty of sportsmanship between the players to respect each other’s calls and enjoy the game.
In conclusion, Ultimate Frisbee is a great sport that is only going to continue growing as it is very cheap and easy to start playing. Just like soccer it only requires a couple of things to start getting on the field and practicing, meaning that anybody can start a team and compete. In only 50 years Ultimate Frisbee has grown in popularity tremendously which shows how quickly it could become a worldwide sport.